Sunday, May 8, 2011

flora & fauna



The only editing I did to these pictures was adjusting the coloring in camera raw in Bridge. The first photo is of my aunt's dog Lucky. Lucky is sooo crazy and so getting that shot was really difficult and we had to bribe him with treats.
Daffodils are one of my favorite spring flowers.
These geese at the park crack me up. They are so used to humans being up all in their faces, they don't even care.
1. Lucky the dog- 5.7.11; Rexburg, ID.; f/5.0; 1/500
2. flowers- 5.8.11; Rexburg, ID.; f/8.0, 1/60
3. Goose- 5.8.11; Rexburg, ID.; f/11.0, 1/320

3 comments:

  1. Really nice composition on the dog. I like the quality and blur effect of the picture. The duck picture is really nice quality also and I like the turn of his head. There is a lot of color in the duck picture and it's all really sharp which I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot of Lucky the dog. Your side composition is great and the contrast of the background color with the black and white dog is striking. The yellow daffodil is nice and saturated, but I think the composition would be even better if it was not centered. Remember the rule of thirds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that dog. I live with my sister and brother-in-law who have two pugs. It is so hard to get a good shot when they move around so much. Excellent shot. The colors and the shallow depth of field really sell it for me. Sis. Esplin had some good advice about trying to offcenter your subjects. Your shots look great, but I think that little offset in your composition will make them stunning!

    ReplyDelete