Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blends & Type

I have always loved this seed house vintage building. To make texture over my final picture I found a basket in my house with a cool look I really liked and it really added a great vintage look to it. The only editing of the picture I did was changing the color a little. Adding this texture over my original didn't take as much time as I anticipated.
5.1.11; 4:27; Rexburg, Id.; f/7.1; 1/100

I love this building. The whole look of it is beautiful to me with the circles and shaping. I love the inside even more. So much beauty and history. The only editing I did again was just adjusting the color. I tried to think of words that would represent the Tabernacle to the people of Rexburg. I think its one of the greatest buildings in town.
1.5.11; 3:47; Rexburg, ID.; f/8.0; 1/60

4 comments:

  1. Becca,

    Wow... Great work on the tabernacle. I was looking into doing that effect but never fully fulfilled my desire at the moment. I love the color choice that you used for the body text. It is a great contrast to the main title. Also the color of the body copy is great contrast and by making the middle were the tabernacle is more opaque it helps draw your attention to the doors. Very well down with masks and type effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blend photo of the seed house and the basket. The final result makes the wood siding of the storehouse darker and more apparent. I cant see the movies that were in the original photo, did you cut them out before blending the two photos? Beautiful work with the Tabernacle! I really like the choice of the colors and font you used. The gold color of the repeating text doesn’t take away from the photo and the font used is perfect with the theme of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the seed house shot, I love it. I tried to get a good view of it but gave up after a while. It looks like a beach house in Hawaii or something, I like the way the colors washed a little. Good choice of texture on it as well, it fits. Interesting photo of the tabernacle as well. I especially like the typeface on that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have featured two of my favorite buildings in the area too! Nice angles and edits, Becca!

    ReplyDelete