Sunday, June 5, 2011

scanography






1. My husband's Guatemalan souvenirs
2. My great grandma's vintage jewelry
This was an interesting project. Sometimes the shirt I was using to cover everything was difficult to work with. I tried a couple scans on each of these to try to get the best look I could. Things still turned out blurry but I did my best. For the Guatemala one I just adjusted the colors- added a lot of black and a lot of saturation.
For the love one I combine both the images together and cropped it. I added a lot of sats and black back in and clarity. I liked the way the jewelry turned out on the scanner.   

2 comments:

  1. I like how vivid your pictures are. I also like how detailed they are. I don't know what the ppi is that you scanned them at because you didn't say but it looks like it may have been a pretty high resolution. The only recommendations I have for you is to maybe boost the blacks to help take out some of the dust or stray fibers from the cloth, or blur them out in photoshop. Also to flip the image so it says Love from left to right. In photoshop it is pretty easy. Go to Edit>Transform then flip it horizontally I think. I liked your idea of using your Grandmother's jewelry. My Grandma used to make household decorations out of her old jewelry, mostly earrings that didn't have a match anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using the blanket/towel that you did on the vintage jewelry scans really brought a nice texture to the final image. It added to the whole feeling of the scan. The only thing I would suggest is to try placing the subjects somewhere on a third to open up the shot and add some extra interest.

    ReplyDelete